The Pro Team Lightweight Rain Gilet is pocket-sized insurance against changeable weather. It has been made possible by a proprietary three-layer fabric, developed by Rapha over the past two years, which weighs less than 100 grams per square metre yet retains the high stretch needed for a race-ready fit and waterproof qualities necessary to protect riders from the elements.
The gilet packs down small, but doesn't compromise on design details. The outside of the rear pocket is lined with a clear, waterproof film, protecting against road spray. The front placket features the same velcro tabs as the Pro Team Race Cape, so it can be worn 'open' for maximum ventilation, and the two-way zipper means either half of the gilet can be opened with one hand while riding. The front and side panels hold reflective graphics for added visibility, and the seams are internally taped to protect against rain.
DETAILS AND MATERIALS
- Packs down to fit comfortably in a jersey pocket
- Rear panel is reinforced with a waterproof film, protecting against road spray
- Two-way Vizlon zipper allows for ventilation
- Laser-cut, mesh-lined graphic on zip guard
- Very lightweight, waterproof fabric weighs less than 100gsm
- Velcro tabs on front placket, as found on Pro Team Race Cape
- Fully taped internal seams to improve protection against rain
- Reflective graphics on side and front panels
- Single rear pocket with drainage hole
- Main: 90% polyester / 10% elastane
- Side panels: 90% polyester / 10% elastane